Day 11 - Brevort Lake, Michigan to Cheboygan, Michigan

Brevort Lake to Cheboygan - 42 miles
Thursday August 30, 2018, 42 miles (615 miles total). After lunch at Subway in St. Ignace I noticed my front tire was flat. I found a bench nearby, took the tire off and while searching for the source another touring cyclist stopped by. Young fella, a recent graduate of the Civil Engineering program at University of Wisconsin. We talked for a bit and after I patched the tire we rode down to the Mackinaw Bridge Toll Gate together. When we arrived a worker yelled out from a toll both for us to take the elevated foot bridge across to the office. We did, payed the $5.00 fee and a pickup arrived shortly there-after. The driver helped us lift our bikes up into the pickup bed, and we hopped into the truck and away we went across the bridge. Across the bridge we unloaded our bikes, said our farewells, and I continued along a bike trail to Cheboygan. I stopped at Walmart for groceries and noticed I had a message from my Son that he was coming to join me for long the weekend. so I decided to get a hotel room for the night.


Mackinaw Bridge from atop the toll gate